In Avicennia pericarp ,the seeds resists diffusion higher rate which results in fermentation with its end produets i.e lactic acid etc. Fermentation in this germinating seeds is due a limited supply of oxygen or high concentration of co2. Less concentration of o2 is more consitive than high co2 for inhibition. The analysis of internal gas content of avicennia seedling for different somples showed that the amount of co2 was higher and o2 lower then these found in air.gas exchanges and respiration rates of small whole seedling, with and without pericarp was measured by direct manometric method and under Warburg conditions.o2 and co2 values were decreated after 60 minates period as compared to the first by approximately 12% in total cases. In that seedling pericarp restrict, gases exchange that lowered the respiration rate. By removal of the fruit walls the cotyledon tissue is exposed by approximately 75%,acetal dehyde by 87% and ethanol disappears completely, zero levels of formentation products is obscrved when pericarp tissue is separated.